Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Relief

Last night I had my ultrasound. Needless to say, I'm quite relieved. The baby is great and progressing right on schedule. We did not find out what we are having. That's right! We are crazy and do not know the gender of our little one. But that's okay with us. I like surprises. The only down side is picking a name. It's hard enough choosing one, but to have to have two nailed down is tough.

We didn't find out what Katie was until she was born. For some reason we had her name picked and ready to go without any problems. I should have known it was a girl based on this alone. But I digress. Chris and I were still debating the boy name as we drove to the hospital. I remember thinking while I was on the OR table "Please let it be a girl because we don't have a boy name". I realize that it's OK to go a day or two without a name, but I'm anal like that. We have to have a name!

So this parenting decision is one that I'm dreading. Mainly, because I don't have my heart set on something by now. Last time I knew it had to be a family name and I don't think Chris was going to win that battle. Now, I just want something that will be appropriate as a child and as an adult. Oh and it can't go with "Now appearing on the main stage...".

I know we'll come up with one, it's just a daunting task. Like re-organizing the closets. It doesn't take that long, but it just seems overwhelming. So we're open to suggestions?

2 comments:

Jen said...

I still vote for Jenna Rose! And if it's a boy then whatever you want.

Kim said...

I'm with you, I like classical names.